Friday, January 18, 2008

Revisiting the Past....

I found some old stuff of mine. I may make a series of these posts if I can keep my motivation up. Here's the first (and maybe the last too....)

Life Skills 8 Report Card

Ah, Grade 8, my first year of high school. Back then apparently we took "Life Skills" which consists of Woodwork (shut it, Jesus was a carpenter right? this is an important life skill), Study Skills (what could be more important?), Computer Literacy (wow, my school didn't suck, it was cutting edge - wait, is this teaching computers how to read???), Sewing, and Foods.

Grades:

Woodwork 71% C+ (no doubt, I remember being afraid of losing a finger in the power equipment - i believe i made a lovely towel holder)

Study Skills 75% B (but apparently I got 99% on the final! shouldn't that get you an A+??! does that not concretely demonstrate study skills? how did I get only 75% overall? was the final worth 2% of our grades? i demand a recount!)

Computer 82% B (read this blog, jackass! i know what i'm doing!)

Sewing 81% B (how on earth is this possible? i did better in sewing than study skills?! i despise sewing, i remember nothing from this class. then again i don't remember even taking study skills. i don't remember study skills even existing as a course.)

Foods 87% A ("good work habits and a positive attitude have contributed to this grade". so what you're saying is that this grade is completely subjective and not based on actual tests or assignments. that's it, i'm appealing my grade 8 life skills grades.... [toodles off to do so])

2 comments:

Moist Rub said...

Canadian grading seems pretty lenient. 75% is a B? 87% is an A?

I wish I learnt in Canada. I still woulda got F's but at least the would have been closer to D's.

Sid said...

Grade school is like mutual funds - past performance is no indication of future returns. I aced grade school, flunked out of college, and now I'm living in a van down by the river. I'm sure all the other kids are millionaires from starting their own HVAC companies because nobody wanted to hire the kid that 72% in Home Ec.