Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trip Wit

I recently went on a road trip with a few other people. Here a few of the *lovely* one-liners the van was treated to courtesy of yours truly.

Upon seeing a Jack in the Box sign: "If Jack in the Box went out of business the headline would read, 'Jack in the PineBox'."

Upon seeing a sign for Medford: "I never met a Ford I didn't like."

Upon seeing a sign for Yreka: (something like) "Yeah, why reek-a, get some deodorant and you won't reek-a."

Upon combining the box of Medjool dates in the vehicle with a sign about upcoming road work (to a recently single guy): "Would you like a date?" (He knows I mean a Medjool date). He replies, "no thanks" and I say, "Are you sure? Because there's a single lane ahead!" (That one actually still makes me laugh).

Upon seeing dead deer on the side of the highway: "The population is deer-creasing."

Upon a lengthy blathering about someone wanting to buy a ranch (because of the scenery we were passing through): "I guess it's better to buy a ranch than to have bought the farm."

And a couple that I didn't share for some reason (maybe some people were sleeping?)

Upon seeing a sign for Louse Creek: 'Hmm, so when you come out, are you de-loused?'

Upon seeing many signs with the town population and elevation: I found it interesting that so many had elevations with larger numbers than their populations.


1 comment:

Moist Rub said...

I can see it now. People will come from miles and miles around to take your scenic one-liner tour.