Monday, October 19, 2009

Football Forwarding Finesse

So I'm no football expert but I get the basics. On a Sunday I often put the games on to record and that way I can skip through commercials. If there are a lot of games on t.v. that I'm interested in, or if I'm just short on time or interest, I'll often watch the plays of the game without much of the commentary and so forth. The skip button on the dvr does about 30 seconds and if I can get into a good rhythm (me and the quarterback, you know how it is) I can get the timing going so well that I literally see everyone set up on the line of scrimmage, watch the play, hit skip, and see the next set up on the line of scrimmage. That's when my equivalent of the passer rating goes way up and I get a real feeling of satisfaction. When I lose the rhythm or something throws it off, I sometimes see a guy running into the end zone and have to use the back button to see the beginning of the play and as I know what happens, it kind of ruins it. It's kind of like getting sacked.

2 comments:

John Madden said...

That's just wrong. I can't explain why, but, trust me, it's wrong.

GB said...

So Mr. Madden...firstly, right as I read your comment and went to reply, I heard "John Madden" on the hockey game I was watching. Interesting coincidence. Secondly, I know what you mean. Don't worry, sometimes I don't skip.