Friday, May 30, 2008

Going in Reverse

Wow, I haven't posted since February??!? Yikes. Here's a short one to kick things off.

I'm driving down a major road the other day. I see ahead of me a car that looks like it's been through several wars. The rust is incredible. Picture ivy taking over a building. Except it's rust on a car. I think you get the picture. I then note that the car has veteran plates. Now I thought those referred to the car owner being a veteran. I think in this case the plates actually referred to the car. As I get closer, I note that even though we are moving forward, the car's reverse lights come on and stay on as we increase speed. Great. At any moment will the car suddenly clunk painfully into reverse? I suppose a car of senior citizen status might take a while to, ahem, change gears so maybe it'll be ok. No disrespect to senior citizens anywhere.

2 comments:

Moist Rub said...

No disrespect taken.

Although I am truly offended.

GB said...

Didn't you mean to type "Although I am truly offensive"? No?