Sunday, July 1, 2012

TdF - Stage 1

That was an exciting last 20k or so! Kudos to Spartacus for going for it.

I sat on the couch for most of the stage. I know I can't do the length, they're on the bike half the day, I'd still be there. I ended up riding just as they were about to catch the breakaway and cooled down as they did results. Ended up only about 20 minutes. Pretty lame. Pre-race meal - similar - 2 pieces of Squirrely (apparently it's a TM) toast with cream cheese and organic peanut butter, half a can of "natural" rootbeer. No water til after.

Glad to see Hesjedal come in close to the winner. Saw him riding at the back at one point, worried who got caught in those crashes.

I should really have put more thought into this and planned appropriate foods. Could've done Belgian waffles for the Prologue and Stage 1.

No comments: