Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wine Whine

So today I'm grabbing receipts out of my purse (I'm not a fan of the purse, there was a time I just carried my wallet around in my hand, still do occasionally, but, as usual, I digress) - things are a pain unless it's something you actually want a receipt for. So I find a receipt from a recent purchase of a bottle of wine to take to a dinner thing. Then, to what should my wandering eye(s) appear, but an extra item listed. For $0.00. What is said item you ask? Well, it says "ID NOT REQ OVER 40". Welllll!!! I'm not over 40!!!! {raises eyebrow with fire in eyes}. Now I know I'm pretty much guaranteed to not get ID'd by this point in my life, but still. I think in the last, say, 8 years, I've been ID'd twice. Once at a liquor store in Canada, which was a shock to be sure, but then more recently in the US at a restaurant!! I thought the server was joking but she looked highly annoyed when I started to laugh. I really think she thought I was trying to pull a fast one, crack a few jokes and make her forget all about her request. Or that I might try a Jedi mind trick (waves hand, "you don't need to see my ID"). Now I know some places have policies "we ID under 25" but still. Getting back to this "over 40" thing, I cannot believe they print that out on the receipt! I'm sure a couple people I know will get a good laugh over this one. I wonder if they have other categories... "ID checked, NP, over 25". Maybe they should come up with some fun ones like, "so fucking old there was absolutely no need to check for ID, $0.00" or "fake boobs, could therefore use other cosmetic surgery, looks about 62 but checked ID anyway, $0.00".
I'm just hoping that in 2 years I'm not entitling a blog post "the liquor depot finally made me buy those fancy anti-aging creams (but I'm so damn old I can't remember where i put them)."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wino.

Moist Rub said...

I thought you were only 16.

Now I guess I'll have to take you off my blog reading list.

Anonymous said...

hi every person,

I identified blogspectations.blogspot.com after previous months and I'm very excited much to commence participating. I are basically lurking for the last month but figured I would be joining and sign up.

I am from Spain so please forgave my speaking english[url=http://celeberitygossipnn.info/bookmarks].[/url][url=http://celeberitygossipum.info/bookmarks].[/url][url=http://sportsnewsla.info/forum].[/url]