Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another Tour de France Doping Incident

Yes, that's right, there's another in a long line of incidents.
Who is it this time, you think, as you mentally scroll through a list of names.

It's me. Yes, me. You read it here first.

You see I'm experiencing TdF withdrawal. And why does one experience withdrawal? Because one has developed a dependency. Ergo, I've been doping and it involves Le Tour.

For example, I look at my desktop of the Col du Galibier and I pine for Le Tour. I think of settling down to watch footage (wheelage?) and I experience a twittering of expectation. And this expectation of excitement is then doused by the cold, hard reality that I have no Tour to watch. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that I may still have the final leg of this year's Tour DVR'd. But still.

Now I'm depressed. I guess it's true. Dope is for dopes.

4 comments:

Katebits said...

Dude, Icing, I feel your pain.

I have one Sabres-Flyers game on my DVR and I've watched it like, four times in the last few weeks. I almost have it memorized. (It's a fun game, the Sabres win 9-1, but still.)

GB said...

Thanks Kate.
That does sound like a good game to rewatch. 9-1!
Thank goodness for Le Tour in the hockey offseason - but still it feels like such a long one - as it's your first offseason, I hope you'll get to experience shorter-feeling ones in the future.

Anonymous said...

Doing some of your own cycling can help. Get some lycra and join the uncool people in lycra.

GB said...

I did actually look at lycra cycling stuff on eBay. But I think owning the lycra outfits without the bike makes it far more uncool.