Thursday, August 23, 2007

Klosterman Quotes

In a recent post, I mentioned the book "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" by Chuck Klosterman. I said it might inspire some posts. Then I remembered my laziness might prevent that. After a brief wrestling match, it appears that inspiration has, at least temporarily, won. However, laziness is sneaky, and so instead of each part of the book inspiring a post, I'm going with a quick run-through. Maybe it was a tie.

"It appears that countless women born between the years of 1965 and 1978 are in love with John Cusack. I cannot fathom how he isn't the number-one box-office star in America, because every straight girl I know would sell her soul to share a milkshake with that motherfucker."

I found Klosterman's whole section on John Cusack quite hilarious. And I must admit, not that I know the guy, but just going from interviews etc., Cusack seems like a cool guy and I definitely dig him (as a person, not as an actor per se). And one of my favorite movies is "Grosse Pointe Blank". But even though John Cusack ranks very high on "my list" ('celeb future husband list' would that be?!?), I see *no* reason to share a milkshake with him. Can't we each get our own damn milkshake? Sheesh. Oh, and, Klosterman goes on to say that these women are really in love with Cusack because of his Lloyd Dobler character from "Say Anything" - the epitome of ideal romance blah blah blah. Well, for the record, I have never even seen "Say Anything", and frankly I'm afraid to after hearing the way "they" talk about it. From stuff I've heard, it sounds like if I were to watch that movie it would be like some kind of drug and I could never have a relationship measure up and my whole life would somehow be screwed up. That must be one powerful movie!

Man, I did have more stuff to say but it takes too long to quote Klosterman and then go on about why I liked the quote or whatever. And I don't own the book so I can't do it at my leisure. Perhaps I should buy a copy.

3 comments:

Moist Rub said...

I come here for shoe talk.

What the hell is all this other stuff?

GB said...

Well, seeing as your last blog was about shoes, I figured that topic was no longer my purview.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.