Monday, August 13, 2007

Did you just say...

Scene: Recently, at a party - a discussion gets around to the topic of choking...

Someone suggests doing what I hear as "The Heimlich Manoeuvre" (making perfect sense). However, another party-goer says, "did you just say *Hindlick* Manoeuvre?!"

And indeed, that is what the person had said. Needless to say, there was a fair bit of laughter and jokes made around this.
I suggested that this "Hindlick Manoeuvre" might indeed help someone to stop choking - in fact, perhaps more effectively than the Heimlich. I think I was visualizing the look on someone's face if that were to happen.

3 comments:

Moist Rub said...

Which is why I always set up a mirror so I can see the expression on the person's face while I perform the hindlick.

Anonymous said...

Last week I was telling somebody about my genital defect instead of congenital. That was a conversation stopper.

GB said...

You two are my heroes.