Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Geometric Figures a.k.a. could you make the title any more boring?

Watched the movie Cube². Isn't that clever? ... cube, squared. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285492/ I wonder what they'll call the third one!

After watching Cube² I then watched the first 5 mins of Cube and it seemed pretty similar. The premise is someone wakes up in a strange cube room and soon discovers there are others there and no one knows what's going on or how they got there. They begin to investigate and of course encounter some crazy shit.

I liked the simplicity of the movie. Limited number of characters all stuck together in one place. They probably could have done a lot more in terms of character development though. Pretty shallow I thought. I think I enjoyed the premise more than the actual movie. At the beginning when the first character wakes up and then encounters another character you're thinking 'hey, this has some potential'. Like a racehorse, it broke well and led the field, but fell off in the stretch run.

No comments: