Friday, May 18, 2007

Transferred From The Old Blog 2

October 27th - Games of Chance
A few months back I started partaking in dice game sessions. We play once every 2 weeks or so and it's a lot of fun. I'm not much of a gambler (at all) but it's still very exciting when you get a crazy good roll and pretty...well exciting might be the wrong word...but pretty 'throw arms in air, groan, and turn away' when a streak goes cold. As there are a few different games we play, it keeps up the variety factor, too. Not to mention that when you lose, you get to call the next game, so you can always see if your luck will change with the new game. I get pretty into it, you know, some things you find your mind wandering or you're not entirely present but with the games there is a certain focus yet still a fun atmosphere. I can't really explain it - it feels like I'm doing something pretty exciting even though really we're just throwing little cubes around and keeping score. Now I'm starting to think I should rename this 'lame blog' - but on the other hand maybe it's nice to know that there are some things that are fun that you can't overanalyze and explain exactly why they are that way. I feel that way about love or attraction. I don't want to be able to come up with (or hear about someone else coming up with) an equation that shows me why I find A appealing from across the room but B doesn't turn my head. Anyway...

No comments: