Friday, May 18, 2007

Transferred From The Old Blog

October 24th
Just watched Garden State. I had seen a short trailer before but really knew nothing about the movie (no expectations). I thought it just got better and better...often I find I'm really enjoying a book or a movie but then they go and do something that kind of messes things up. I was just so impressed by this movie - it was almost like it cast a spell, ask me now what was so great about it and it's hard for me to find the words. The acting was really good, the story interesting and then some, the soundtrack really great as well - but that doesn't do it justice (which is why I'm writing a blog that no one reads and someone else is writing screenplays and scripts ;) I feel different after watching that movie. I guess one could call that life changing...at least in a small way...and that's a pretty huge accomplishment for a movie (an artistic endeavour can be life changing, but how many movies are really 'art' in that sense?) And when I say life changing in a small way, how many things are life changing in a big way - maybe having a huge health scare or near death experience or something but I suspect that for the most part it's just little things that affect our lives...a kind of chaos theory type of deal where a butterfly flaps its wings and there's a storm somewhere in the world...Garden State has flapped it's wings...okay, that seemed overly melodramatic but...

No comments: