Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Lights Are On - Is Anybody Home?

This event occurred many years ago so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details. Not that they matter anyway.

Awaiting a visitor that was going to pick us up and take us...somewhere (see above).
Time kept on ticking, ticking, ticking, into the future (ok, I totally stole that) and we were wondering where this person was. Well, more accurately, we weren't really wondering where xe was but why xe was not where xe was supposed to be, which was picking us up.

I can't remember why we decided to check outside, but we did. And to what did our wandering eyes appear (yep, stole that too)? The very person we were waiting for, sitting there in her car. WTF?

We are puzzled. We walk up to the car, the woman looks rather cranky, and as we ask, "why didn't you ring the doorbell?!?" she blurts out, "well I kept coming up to the door to do so, then you'd flash the light to signal me so I'd get back in the car, and then you buggers kept doing it to me over and over!" She announces this is an immensely frustrated tone. We are flabbergasted. Flashing the light at you! Oh dear. We then had to explain that the 'light we were flashing' is this new fangled technology, something called a sen-sor light (we couldn't help but be sarcastic now could we - notice how I didn't put a question mark at the end of that, obviously we couldn't, that was rhetorical, I mean come on).

Ah, I laugh even now thinking about it.

2 comments:

Moist Rub said...

I came here for shoe talk. What the hell is this?

GB said...

That made me chortle.