Saturday, June 2, 2007

Of Dogs and Men

So recently a female acquaintance says to me, "hey, I don't know if you're in the available dating pool or not, but if you're into it, I know this guy named _____ (whatever it was) who has a great dog named _____ (Cisco?) and he's single!"

I reply, "who is, the dog or the guy?"

I mean really, I've heard women complain about having dated some dogs, but getting set up with an actual canine is pushing it.

On a secondary note, you gotta love the high-tech matching system she's utilizing. This guy (yes, in case you hadn't figured it out, it was the guy she was trying to set me up with - well him with his dog thrown in as a bonus prize) is single - wow, what a qualification. Really? A single guy? I had no idea they existed! I can't believe you found one - set me up! (Now you should picture that "so happy together" song playing with a slow-mo video of me and this guy holding hands running through a field of flowers while the dog romps nearby - don't forget to picture the big idiotic grins we're sporting - and by we I mean all 3 of us).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The three of you - you, the guy, and the matchmaker? If she's a friend of yours, isn't it assumed that she's only going to set you up with somebody she deems compatible? If she mentions the dog, wouldn't you also assume it's a good thing - like the dog is cool and knows how to smile?

GB said...

Question 1 - ha ha.
Q2 - As I said, she was not a friend but an acquaintance - hence she was even unsure whether I was in the available to date pool or not, and so would likely have very little in the way of knowledge of compatibility or lack thereof.
Q3 - Damn, why didn't I ask more about the dog.

Moist Rub said...

Are you allowed to wear bathing suits in the dating pool or is everybody nekkid?

Either way, I'm staying out of it. I think their is urine in there.